Fluffy Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
This whipped chocolate buttercream frosting recipe makes an outstanding light and fluffy buttercream. It's simply delightful!
And it's so much more than just a basic buttercream. It is incredibly CREAMY, silky, smooth, and rich. Just the way I like it!
The Best Chocolate Frosting
And let's be honest here, we all know that frosting can make or break a cake. A delicious cake that's topped with too-sweet or less-than-perfect frosting leaves something to be desired.
Not that we eat cake for the frosting 😉 , but cake and frosting should compliment each other.
So when I'm looking for a perfect slice of cake, I want a moist and fluffy cake with a light and fluffy frosting.
Not-too-Sweet Chocolate Buttercream
Buttercream is (in my opinion) some of the most delicious frosting. But I am rather picky about my frosting/icing.
And I prefer frosting that is light in sweetness and fluffy in texture. I don't like it too sweet.
So in this recipe, the whipped butter, along with the heavy cream that's used, produces the perfect light and fluffy texture that I desire.
This post contains affiliate links...
Easy Chocolate Buttercream
Buttercream is very easy to make. Simply whip the butter with your whisk attachment until it is smooth and light in color. Add the cocoa powder and mix until it is creamy.
Next, add the vanilla, powdered sugar (some people recommend sifting the powdered sugar), and salt. Mix again.
As the mixer is slowly mixing, add the heavy cream. Mix it until combined, then scrape the sides of the bowl. (Pampered chef scraper/spatulas are my favorites.)
Now the magic happens as you turn the mixer to high speed and let the whisk whip the frosting into a light and fluffy consistency. It will take several minutes to create a lovely fluffy buttercream.
This whipped chocolate buttercream with cocoa powder is perfect to top your favorite cakes or cupcakes. And it's especially great with my moist Amish chocolate cake recipe!
Perhaps you'd like to try some Amish Cake Recipes...
Whipped Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 1 1/2 c. butter (3 sticks), softened
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- Whip the butter until smooth and light. Add cocoa powder and mix until creamy.1 1/2 c. butter (3 sticks), softened, 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add vanilla, powdered sugar, and salt. Mix.1 tsp. vanilla extract, 3 1/2 c. powdered sugar, pinch of salt
- With the mixer running on low, slowly add heavy cream. Once everything is mixed, scrape the sides of the bowl and turn the mixer to high speed. Whip, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally, for about 4 minutes.3/4 c. heavy cream